Whilst singing the Noel Richards’ chorus “Come Lord Jesus” in a meeting, my wife was noticeably touched by the Holy Spirit and heard, “It’s sooner than you think!”. I submit, therefore, the importance of revisiting this blog’s strap-line ‘Looking for signs of Jesus’ return‘ and of being sure we really do know ‘how to look’ for Jesus’ Second Coming.
Further to references in my End-Times series to the Old Testament prophet Daniel (sign 10 in Briefing 3, Bible codes in Briefing 7, dates and visions in Briefing 8 refer), readers wanting to know more about his life and book will get a good grounding in John Barber’s article linked below:
Prophets of the Bible – Daniel
Click to read John’s next chapter of Prophets of the Bible – Daniel — JRB Publications
1 Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. 2 And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.”
THE CENTRE LINE OF END-TIME PROPHECY – WHERE ARE WE NOW?
At the start of Matthew 24 the disciples are seeking Jesus’ acknowledgement that the Temple is a beautiful building. They were shocked by His response, that the Temple would be utterly destroyed, not one stone left on another. This startling prophetic statement leads them to ask two very significant questions:
“When will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” (Jesus responds to this as two questions, the second having two parts)
Before answering these questions, Jesus warns the disciples against being deceived by people falsely claiming to be Christ. This thread of potential deception by false prophets continues throughout the chapter. Continue reading
Now we examine one of the sparkling gems, a radiant diamond, found in the treasure trove of Unlocking the Biblical Watch of Messiah’s Return. First a brief recap:
As at the close of Briefing 7, Victor Dunstan’s reference to three dates, or Time periods of differing length, given in the 12th chapter of Daniel point to 1917, 1948 and 1992, is derived from Dr Grattan Guinness’ mathematical work. Subsequently, three ‘interlude’ posts tell how Jonathan R Hill has taken that work further in two books. Amongst a veritable plethora of biblical topics and scriptures he examines in-depth the role of ‘The Wonderful Numberer’ – Daniel’s chief supra-natural informant.
“So many in the Body of Christ are ambivalent towards the Lord’s mandate to watch, but the Lord wants the church to awake! Messiah’s words to the sleeping Peter are the Lord’s words to His living body, who are currently on the earth at the end of this age: “Could you not watch with Me for one hour?” (Matt 26:40 NKJV)
This is followed by, and I’m grateful to Jonathan for his kindly permitting publication (emphases mine):
‘Daniel was privileged to receive extraordinary visions which were sealed until the ‘time of the end’ when many will run ‘to and fro’ and knowledge will increase. An apt description of our current world when knowledge and data are readily available via the internet.
Daniel 12:4 (NKJV) – “But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book until the time of the end; many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
‘The prophetic words of the Book of Daniel were sealed until the ‘time of the end’ – confirmed again later in the same chapter (Daniel 12):
Daniel 12:9-10 (NKJV) – And he said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are closed up and sealed ’til the time of the end”. 10 Many shall be purified, made white, and refined, but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand, but the wise shall understand.
‘Daniel’s ‘time of the end’ is now.
‘Earlier in the Book of Daniel a ‘when’ question was asked, regarding the desolation of the Temple in Jerusalem. The question was asked to someone called the ‘Wonderful Numberer’ . The questioner (the ‘holy one’) clearly knew that the ‘Wonderful Numberer’ had the answer to the ‘when’ question.
Daniel 8:13 (YLT) – “And I hear a certain holy one speaking, and a certain holy one said to the wonderful numberer who is speaking: ‘Until when [is] the vision of the continual [sacrifice], and of the transgression, an astonishment, to make both sanctuary and host a treading down?’”
‘As will be seen , the wisdom of the ‘Wonderful Numberer’, who answered the ‘when’ question, is part of the ‘understanding’ sealed until the ‘time of the end’, when the ‘wise’ will understand. Moreover, the ‘Wonderful Numberer’ will be shown to hold the ‘Key of David’  – the significance of which will be examined in detail .’
‘ The Hebrew word for ‘Wonderful Numberer’ in Daniel 8:13 is ‘Palmoni’ (Hebrew ‘לפלמוני’ – Strong’s number 6422) and is only found once in all scripture . It is a ‘contracted’ word and contains the elements of two Hebrew words. The first is ‘pele’ and the other is ‘ma-na’. The Hebrew word ‘pele’ means ‘wonderful’ (see Isaiah 9:6) and the word ‘ma-na’ means ‘numbered’ (see Daniel 5:25-26). So, this contracted Hebrew word ‘Palmoni’ literally means ‘Wonderful Numberer’”. Taken from F.C. Gilbert’s book, Practical Lessons for the Church of Today, pp. 606-608, published by The Review in 1902.
Gill’s Exposition states: ‘another angel said to him that spoke, whose name is unknown, only called such a one, or ‘Palmoni’, which some render ‘the wonderful numberer’ or ‘the numberer of secrets’ or ‘that has all secrets numbered’; and apply it to Christ, whose name is ‘Pele’, wonderful; the eternal Word of God, that is in the bosom of the Father, and knows all secrets, and the number of times and seasons, how long they will last; what created angels know not, he does; and therefore they apply to him for instruction and knowledge in hidden things.
The ‘Wonderful Numberer’ is found in few translations yet many commentaries acknowledge this translation including Albert Barne’s Commentary, John Gill’s Exposition, Geneva Study Bible, Calvin’s Commentary, John Trapp’s Complete Commentary, Matthew Poole’s Annotations, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge and E. W. Bullinger’s Companion Notes. (See StudyLight.org Verse-by-Verse Bible Commentary Daniel 8:13)
‘ See chapter ‘Numbers, Triangles and Pyramids in Scripture’ and section ‘The ‘Wonderful Numberer’ as the Seventh Pyramid’.
‘ See chapter ‘Tools of the Watch’ and section ‘The Key of David’.
‘ See chapter ‘Tools of the Watch’ and section ‘The ‘Wonderful Numberer’ Holds the Key of David’.’ [Isaiah 22:22 << THAT NUMBER AGAIN! – RB]
NB: reference at note 19 to Jesus as knowing hidden things, ie ‘mysteries’, per recent post Kingdom Mysteries – Jesus Points to Mathematics (originally posted 6 April 2018).
Now let’s take a peek at some of my many tabbed pages: Continue reading
How a New Age follower got hooked into the Bible’s prophecies.
A unique take from die-hard anti-Christian confronted by facts in non-Christian book!
As an ex-unbeliever rescued by Jesus Christ in person and ‘born-again’ by Holy Spirit into life everlasting through His sinless blood, I reiterate Chuck Missler’s concern:
“You may not believe what the Bible says, but what’s utterly astonishing is that so very many claim to believe in Jesus yet have no grasp of the idea Christ is to literally return and rule!”
The aim of these Briefings is to help my readers be better informed and thus grasp that truth. If an ardently anti-church guy deeply involved in New Age teachings, who viewed ‘Bible-bashers’ as bigots, could grasp and keep hold of this mind-blowing stuff, then how much easier is it for believers in Jesus to fully appreciate these things?
So, come on a revelatory journey with me: Continue reading
So far we’ve considered the Who, Why and When we’re to watch. Now to the rationale of this blog, as stated in its title’s strap-line, ‘Looking for the signs of Jesus’ return’ and we examine what Jesus told us to look out for:
Omitting those which apply to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD70, here’s a selection of signs stated in the first Gospel (Mark 13), augmented by Matthew (chapter 24) and Luke (chapters 17 & 21) plus insertion of Paul’s first and follow-up letters to believers in Salonika, to whom he stressed the origin of his teaching; ‘For this we say to you by the word of the Lord…’
- “This gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations [‘ethnos’ – people groups], and then the end will come.”
- Disciples will stand before and councils, rulers and kings, beaten in religious assemblies:
- Many will come in Jesus’ name, saying, “I am He,” and will deceive many.
- Wars and rumors of wars – nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom: “See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet
- “And there will be famines, pestilences and earthquakes in various places and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven ; All these are the beginnings of sorrows.
- “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you and you will be hated by nations all for My name’s sake.
- “And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another…Brother will betray brother to death – a father his child – children will rise up against parents and cause them to be put to death and…
- “And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.
- “But he who endures to the end shall be saved.”
- “SO, when you see the ‘abomination of desolation’, spoken of by Daniel the prophet standing where it ought not (let the reader understand!), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.” [This refers not only to the Roman standard placed in the Temple’s Holy of Holies but also to profane objects or person therein at any time (including its mount?)]
- “…in those days there will be tribulation such as has not been since the beginning of the creation which God created until this time, nor ever shall be.
- “And unless the Lord had shortened those days, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake, whom He chose, He shortened the days….
- “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or, ‘Look, He is there!’ do not believe it for false christs and false prophets will rise and show signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.”
- For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven…’and the dead in Christ will rise first,
- ‘then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up [‘harpadzo’ = rapture] together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air…’
- ‘You know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety” then sudden destruction comes…’
- ‘Let no one deceive you…for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first (Apostasy), and
- ‘the man of sin (lawlessness) is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped,
- ‘so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God…
- ‘The coming of the lawless one is according to the workings of satan with all power, signs and lying wonders, and
- ‘with all unrighteous deception among those who perish because they didn’t receive a love of the truth, that they might be saved…
- ‘For this reason God will send them strong delusion that they should believe the lie (!!)…’
- “As it was in the days of Noah, so also in the days of the Son of Man: “They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.”
- “Likewise as it was in the days of Lot…on the day Lot left Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed all. Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed.
- “In that day, he who is on the housetop, and his goods are in the house, let him not come down to take them away. And likewise the one who is in the field, let him not turn back. Remember Lot’s wife: Whoever seeks to save his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life will preserve it.
- “I tell you, in that night there will be two men in one bed: the one will be taken and the other will be left. Two women will be grinding together: the one will be taken and the other left. Two men will be in the field: the one will be taken and the other left.”
- “After that tribulation, the sun will be darkened and the moon will not give its light. (“And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars…of heaven will fall and the powers of the heavens be shaken”)
- “and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;
- “men’s hearts failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth...
- “Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
- “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
- “Then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of earth to the farthest part of heaven.” [The Rapture]
Jesus said, “Take heed; see, I have told you all things beforehand.
Details from The Apocalypse, the book recording ‘the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants’ penned by His apostle John, will follow later.
IS THE END NIGH?
Not necessarily! I’m not of the alarmist brigade because, in my humble opinion, Jesus is coming back for a bride who’s ‘made herself ready’, which I understand to be a church that has been restored to move fully in the ‘greater works’ – one that has arisen with the glory of the Lord appearing over her and piercing the ‘thick darkness covering the peoples’ (see Revelation 19.7, Acts 3.21, John 14.12 and Isaiah 60.1-2). YET, it may be just over the horizon!
There’s clear indications this preparation is already happening through many ministries. Jesus did say, “I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.” (Matthew 16.18).
On praying to our Heavenly Father, He instructed us to petition, “Your Kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven…” (Matt 6:10).
The Lord’s Kingdom rule has yet to come in its fullness so, in my opinion, a reworking – even a significant sifting or pruning – may be necessary as the Lord finishes building his Church and believers make themselves ready for the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.
Next, we’ll briefly consider theological nuances of the meaning of ‘watching’…
- The ‘Who?’ and ‘Why?’ of Watching
- The ‘When?’ of Watching > NOW!
- The ‘What?’ of Watching > Signs!
- Theologically “Watch” means…
- Expert’s Excitement – Few Know This…
- Pastor’s ‘Sign in the Sun’ Vision Warns of Coming Global Cataclysm
- New Ager Sees First Pieces of God’s ‘Jigsaw
- Daniel and ‘The Wonderful Number’ Jesus Christ
[Scripture taken from the New King James Version; copyright 1982 by Thomas Nelson Inc. used by permission. All rights reserved.]
“Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
For wisdom and might are His.
21 And He changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and raises up kings;
He gives wisdom to the wise
And knowledge to those who have understanding.
22 He reveals deep and secret things;
He knows what is in the darkness,
And light dwells with Him.” (Daniel 2:20-22)
Today I began to pray about the Coronavirus pandemic and its effect upon my nation and the world, and as I prayed, I vividly saw God’s throne standing strong over a dark ocean of fearful global events. Immediately I was led to the verse: “The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; the LORD is enthroned…
Continue reading at What I sense God is saying about the Coronavirus: — JarrodCooper.net
After learning about a ‘chiasmus’ in the Book of Jonah during Sunday’s service, it’s note-worthy how Mark Davidson explains this literary-spiritual device within certain prophetic passages on current events in the Middle-East…
While we are waiting for the next significant news item from Iran and the Middle East, it seemed good to have a review of the Scripture passages all having a say in the Second Signpost. This is meant to remind us that the Second Signpost, the invasion by Iran of the Middle East, is more […]
ESSENTIAL READING: Mark Davidson brings what may be the most important insight you may read on the immediate aftermath of America taking decisive, defensive action against a regime that is actually hell-bent on bringing about the End of the World, as covered here on Richard’s Watch in many postings under the Mahdi tag.
It’s absolutely imperative ALL Christians – especially those in leadership – know about the eschatalogical impulse behind the Iranians engineering such a conflict in order to bring about the return of Shi’ite Islam’s 12th ‘hidden imam’, followed en-train by Jesus!!
For a fuller grasp of this dangerous doctrine browse through the above tag, starting with my blog of nearly 7 years ago Iranian Leader’s End-Times Declaration.
I never thought I would be writing an article like this, for I had never thought one single event could equate to the second horseman being made ready to make men slay one another. There are reports from Twitter and, at this point, only British tabloids such as the Express, Metro, and Sun, that something […]
There are things we, as servants of Christ, must do in preparation for the end times. Some of them are written about here. One thing we might not think about in particular is shown us in Daniel chapter 1—and that it applies especially to the end times. Daniel 1 Applies to the End Times We […]
continue reading at One Thing Daniel Tells Us to Do — THE FOUR SIGNPOSTS
This is timely in view of my intention to refocus upon Watching for the Lord’s Return. For my coverage of Mark’s most interesting insights upon the Book of Daniel browse here.
In my recent journal of a week in blogging and numbers that cropped up on changing my car, its mileage and then getting confirmed by a prophetic word, thus indicating the Lord had joined in my fun, I referred to personal numbers of ’22 and ‘212’.
Now take a look at what I saw when nudged to check the statistics of posts when I was logging off at 5pm today:
It’s an intriguing repetition of numbers from Rick Davis’ prayer declaration based upon the Book of Daniel. It’s the second time this numerical mirroring with my own personal numbers has happened, so this time I thought to take a screen-shot for the record.
Thank you to Rick Davis for kindly permitting my publication of this posted today on the Prophetic Releasers’ Community Facebook group (and I love the numbers, because yet again ’22’ pops up, plus 2-12, as explained here):
As I have been in prayer this morning and other mornings, and in worship, in addition to the declarations just posted, Holy Spirit gave me more prayers and declarations:
I declare in accordance with His word in Daniel 2:21-22 that
God changes the times and the seasons;
He removes kings and queens and sets up kings and queens;
He removes and sets up Presidents, Congresses, Prime Ministers, Parliaments, judges and courts;
He reveals deep and hidden things;
He knows what is in the darkness, and reveals the deep and hidden things, brings them to light, exposes them;
He gives wisdom to those wise in His Kingdom Wisdom, and knowledge to those who understand according to His Kingdom ways.
I declare that the Spirit of the Living God shall break through all fuzziness of thinking, all fogs and confusions, all lies and deceptions, and shall reveal the truth that all may see the proper Light and have the proper knowledge of Him and His Kingdom of Light.
I declare that the person God wants in the Prime Minister’s seat as a result of this general election will be the man of His choice, and that members of Parliament will also be persons of His choice, and not those of the devil’s, the enemy’s choice.
I declare darkness will flee the Light of God, and that Truth and Light shall reign in the UK and these Isles.
I declare that no word spoken against the will of God and His people shall prosper, but shall decline, shrivel away, lessen, and stop, in Jesus’ name!
And these prayers:
In Jesus’ name, the Name above every name, the highest authority in heaven and in the earth, I ask that Boris Johnson and his cabinet, his government, would all come to know with no doubt that Jesus is Lord, and that God has raised Him from the dead, and that they shall come to receive Him as Saviour and Lord, counting the cost, and loving Him above all others and all else.
In Jesus’ name, the Name above every name, the highest authority in heaven and in the earth, I ask that Jeremy Corbyn, Nicola Sturgeon, and all leaders of political parties here in the UK would all come to know with no doubt that Jesus is Lord, and that God has raised Him from the dead, and that they shall come to receive Him as Saviour and Lord, counting the cost, and loving Him above all others and all else through the supernatural revelation of the Holy Spirit. I ask for Damascus Road experiences for them all — dreams, visions, visitations, all ending in habitations of God in them and showing forth through their lives.
In Jesus’ name, the Name above every name, the highest authority in heaven and in the earth, I ask that those of us who call ourselves by Jesus’ name here in the UK would humble ourselves, pray and seek His face and turn from our wicked ways, that He might hear from heaven and forgive our sin and heal our land!
In Jesus’ name, the Name above every name, the highest authority in heaven and in the earth, I ask that those who do not know our Lord Jesus or follow Him, would all come to know with no doubt that Jesus is Lord, and that God has raised Him from the dead, and that they shall come to receive Him as Saviour and Lord, counting the cost, and loving Him above all others and all else through the supernatural revelation of the Holy Spirit. I ask for Damascus Road type experiences for them all — dreams, visions, visitations, all ending in habitations of God in them and showing forth through their lives.
In Jesus’ name, the Name above every name, the highest authority in heaven and in the earth, I ask that the true Ekklesia worship and adore our Risen King, and set forth the actions of love and purposes of our Living God, sending out the message of salvation, and setting the atmosphere in the heavenlies to be full of Light and Life, and filled with the Presence of the Living God for good and for salvation, for healings, for reconciliations, for the whole of those living and abiding in the UK and these Isles, bringing forth a restoration of things in the Ekklesia from the inception of it by the work and countenance of the Holy Spirit, face-to-face encounters and changing for the better all who call upon His Name as a result of those encounters.
In Jesus’ name, the Name above every name, the highest authority in heaven and in the earth, I ask that tidal waves of those saved would came to those who know our Lord intimately, and beg to be taught, fed, and given drink in His Spirit that they might not stay babes in Him, but grow in the knowledge of Him and knowing their identity in Him to the end that the army of the Lord of Armies, the Lord of Forces, might have the ranks of His Forces, His Armies filled to the full that darkness will never subjugate this United Kingdom and these Isles again – forever!
Please use these declarations and prayers as Holy Spirit leads you. Blessings be unto you all, my brothers and sisters.