One major unknown about the Second Signpost that the Bible is silent about, is how it could start. I believe coordinated attacks by drones are now the likely path. In Daniel Revisited and on this website, we have seen that the loss of oil production is the main factor to debilitate the west. (The second […]
Lots of activity has meant been unable to post ongoing news on Iran front but this needs to be noted…
At first I couldn’t believe it. Wow, what a news event! But I only saw the story on Zero Hedge. That site is fairly reliable but one never knows if it might be fake news. But having seen the story later on Fox and CNN it was real.
There was a coordinated drone attack on Saudi oil facilities knocking out over half of Saudi Arabia’s daily oil output!! The largest single oil processing facility in Saudi Arabia, and in the world for that matter, was taken out.
Major explosion at oil processing plant in eastern Saudi Arabia. Screen grab from this news report.
Oil Production Loss Like 1973/1979
The Saudis lost production of 5.7 million barrels per day (bpd). That’s just over half of Saudi Arabia’s total production (of 9.8 m bpd), and a (5.7 m loss / 90 m world total) 6.3% total of world production. The…
View original post 509 more words
Here and his linked earlier post Mark brings an update on developments in the Iranian regime’s activity connected to Bible prophecy. (For a summary introduction to his thesis see Four ‘Signposts’ of Books of Daniel and The Apocalypse), and Comments below.)
As was written in this post, our world entered a new zone of awaiting the Second Signpost, the Invasion by Iran of the Middle East. The United States military may strike Iran at any time due to the Iran regime’s actions. The Iranian regime, on the other hand, may strike at American military assets at […]
Continue reading at The Current Path towards the Second Signpost Continues — The Four Signposts
This morning’s news brings a reminder, in the midst of the current political upheavals, of what Bible prophecy points to: an almighty battle near the Mount of Megiddo, otherwise known in Greek as ‘Armageddon’!
In the previous update we heard about Russia and China’s increasing influence in Africa and noted publication of a most comprehensive US Congressional testimony entitled “Moscow in the Middle East and North Africa” documenting Russia’s active, aggressive and shrewd alignment with the nations of Ezekiel, chapters 38-39. Now comes this development:
DebkaFile reports Russia lets Hezbollah-Iranian forces redeploy opposite Syrian-Israel border; in other words, it looks like Putin has reneged upon his agreement with Israel and USA (emphasis mine). This exclusive reads:
‘Deep apprehension in Israel over a Russian U-turn, which is letting small Iranian Al Qods and Hizballah units regain former positions 10-15km from the Israeli and Jordanian borders. They are coming back after Russian forces drove them out last year and established a safe zone at those border districts in their stead.
‘Reporting this turn of events, DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources add that the Russian forces, not content with allowing this Iranian-Hizballah comeback, have also evacuated their own positions, leaving the local population under the control of the Al Qods and Hizballah invaders. These actions violate Russian President Vladimir Putin’s commitment last year to US President Donald Trump and Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to purge S. Syrian borders of the hostile elements ruled from Tehran and provide monitors for a safe zone.
‘Washington and Jerusalem have interceded strongly with Moscow against this breach while trying to establish whether they were ordered from Putin’s office in the Kremlin or the local command on a directive from the Russian defense ministry. For now, neither the US nor Israel has decided how to respond to the new pro-Iranian buildup at Israel’s back door. They are also trying to find out if the Russian step is Moscow’s response to the US-Turkish safe zone initiative for northeastern Syria. This week, a large American unit landed in southern Turkey to start activating the joint US-Turkish safe zone, which aims to separate the Turkish army from the pro-US SDF militia which is dominated by Syrian Kurds. Moscow may have opened the door to Iran in southern Syria to counter expanding US involvement in the north.
‘Israel showed first resistance to the new hostile presence at its border on July 24 by firing surface missiles at the intelligence stations Iran was setting up on the Tal Al-Harara hilltop opposite the Golan border. But the Russian move continued notwithstanding.’
- Iranian military brass met to discuss their “Preparedness” and “Surprise Capabilities” (Washington Institute, July 25th) – ‘According to… the news agency affiliated with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, Gen. Shamkhani met with Gen. Gholam Ali Rashid, commander of the headquarters, to discuss “the security situation, the dangers [to Iran], and the degree of preparedness of [Iran’s] armed forces.” The agency quoted the headquarters commander about “aspects of defensive capability and the potential for an attack on Iran’s part.” Tansim added the commander’s warning about “Iran’s surprise capabilities, which the enemies have so far not taken into account.”…’
- China reaches its arm deep into the Middle East, giving Israel cause for concern (Haaretz, June 15th)
- Russia Gains Stranglehold Over Persian Gulf (OilPrice.com, August 4th) – ‘In a potentially catastrophic escalation of tensions in the Persian Gulf, Russia plans to use Iran’s ports in Bandar-e-Bushehr and Chabahar as forward military bases for warships and nuclear submarines, guarded by hundreds of Special Forces troops under the guise of ‘military advisers’, and an airbase near Bandar-e-Bushehr as a hub for 35 Sukhoi Su-57 fighter planes OilPrice.com has exclusively been told by senior sources close to the Iranian regime…’
- Above links courtesy of Koenig’s Eye View from the White House.
Gog and Allies Attack Israel
Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, [a]the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5 Persia, [b]Ethiopia, and [c]Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you…”
Gog’s Armies Destroyed
“And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, [a]the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal; 2 and I will turn you around and lead you on, bringing you up from the far north, and bring you against the mountains of Israel…” (NKJV – BibleGateway)
In last Friday’s in-depth news-roundup Koenig’s Eye-View From The White House, the presidential seat’s ‘resident’ Christian journalist William Koenig reports:
‘The Congressional testimony entitled “Moscow in the Middle East and North Africa” presented by Anna Borshchevskaya is extremely comprehensive. It documents Russia’s active, aggressive and shrewd alignment with the nations of Ezekiel, chapters 38-39. It also shows how Russia is out-positioning the United States in many countries. The testimony even mentioned that Benjamin Netanyahu has met with Russian President Vladimir Putin more often than he did with the Obama administration or has with the Trump White House. I highly recommend you take the time to read the entire testimony.‘ (emphasis mine)
Here’s some of its pertinent parts that Bill quotes:
- With a combination of aggression and diplomacy, Russian president Vladimir Putin has ensured Russia’s long-term prominence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Washington must now take Moscow into account in the region to a degree it hasn’t had to for years.
- Moscow’s September 2015 military intervention in Syria was a game changer, but it’s important to remember that, prior to the intervention, Putin had worked methodically and consistently for at least fifteen years to return Russia to the Middle East—a region that has historically mattered to Russian rulers. While he had achieved considerable influence by as early as 2010, the Syria intervention officially restored Russia’s place as a critical regional player and helped position Putin as a regional power-broker.
- Putin has developed pragmatic ties with every government and major opposition movement in the region—an approach that has proven more successful than the Soviet Union’s ideological blinkering.
- The region’s leaders feel comfortable dealing with Putin, who appeals to their self-interest. They covet Russian weaponry and hedge their bets in the uncertainty of U.S. policy. Moscow doesn’t ask Middle East leaders to improve the human rights situation in their countries.
- American allies in the region, from Egypt, Turkey, Israel, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), and Morocco, to one degree or another, have come to see Putin as a necessary reality and a more reliable partner than the United States—a mediator who can talk to all sides. Not only has the Kremlin courted every major government and opposition movement in the region, but increasingly, they conversely court the Kremlin.
- The Kremlin has been careful and holds its cards close when it comes to its ultimate intentions in Libya, but Russia’s presence in the country is real:
- Saudi Arabian King Salman made a historic visit to Moscow in October 2017, which demonstrates Moscow’s accepted prominence in the region.
- Arms and nuclear deals play an important role in Egypt’s increasingly closer ties to Russia.
- Moscow is also building Turkey’s nuclear power plant. Erdogan’s ongoing discussion about the purchase of S- 400’s from Moscow would have been unthinkable even a decade ago but increasingly appears to reflect reality rather than mere posturing.
- Morocco has grown closer to Russia in terms of Moscow’s support for Morocco’s nuclear energy.
The Testimony also covers China’s involvement in the Middle East, which so far is mainly economic with a military and political component.
Also, here’s ‘Rosh’, the leader of the Gog-Magog alliance at a summit with that ‘king’ of the East, who stated that,
“Beijing will continue to promote steady development of ties with Tehran no matter how the situation changes.” Xi condemned Washington’s unilateral pullout from the 2015 nuclear deal with Tehran as the main reason behind rising tensions in the region, calling for the promotion of multilateralism. He stressed that Beijing will continue its strategic relations with Tehran in various fields, including fighting terrorism and systematic crimes.’
Let’s see what scripture says about them in Revelation 16:
Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up
12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings [g]of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Within days of New Year’s Day seven years ago I introduced this blog’s first readers to the Watcher in The White House, accredited Christian journalist William Koenig, in Points to Ponder: 2011-12 and Biblical Historical/Financial Cycles. It was the first of occasional sorties into the nature of Time and the Bible, now collated in this hub – Time: a Primer.
In last Friday’s Eye View from the White House Bill opens his weekly report with…
“22 significant new events that happened this week – This has been an amazing week of prophetic significance with continued final-day alignment activities” and briefly reports upon activities and then enumerates the events as follows:
“The following are news articles that are prophetically significant. Below the news is insight and information regarding Secretary Pompeo’s trip and more news.
- Turkey and the Kurds turn to Russia to solve problems sparked by U.S. exit from Syria – Washington Post
- Putin and Erdogan agree to hold talks soon, but exact date is not determined – Kremlin – Tass
- Erdogan calls for joint Turkish-Russian-Iranian control of US pullout from Syria in face of Moscow’s veto – Debka
- Bolton says U.S. Withdrawal from Syria is conditional: National security adviser says pullout depends on assurances Turkey will protect America’s Kurdish allies – Wall Street Journal
- Turkey’s Erdogan refuses Bolton meeting, slams Syria withdrawal shift – Axios
- Bolton warns Syria not to use chemical weapons – Wall Street Journal
- Trump prepared to ‘unleash fury’ on Syria, Pompeo says – Jerusalem Post
- Pompeo promises ‘every last Iranian boot’ will be expelled from Syria – Times of Israel
- Pompeo hopes to establish coalition consisting of GCC states, Egypt and Jordan Al Arabiya
- Iran’s supreme leader calls US officials ‘idiots,’ but hints sanctions hurting – Times of Israel
- Iran’s Zarif on Pompeo: U.S. brings chaos where it interferes – Reuters
- US to convene global summit on Iran February 13-14 – Times of Israel
- US Navy Update: 11 carrier strike groups and 9 amphibious ready groups; five groups deployed and 15 in US ports – Strafor Intelligence
- Pentagon pushes forward on Syria pullout: USS Kearsarge to back up troops at the vulnerable moment they are leaving Syria – Wall Street Journal
- USS John C. Stennis (CVN-74) back in the Persian Gulf to continue ISIS fight; a show of force to nearby Iran – CBS News
- Amphibious assault ship USS Essex (LHD-2) is in the North Arabian Sea – USNI
- Netanyahu wants US recognition of Israel sovereignty over Golan Heights – Middle East Monitor
- In Arab world, belief prevails that Trump will recognize Israeli sovereignty over Golan Heights – Ynet
- Jordanian FM to Pompeo: Israel must eventually withdraw from Golan – Times of Israel
- After U.S. prod, ex-envoy to China says Haifa Port deal must be reversed – Jerusalem Post
- Israel-China experts downplay impact of Haifa Port decision – Jerusalem Post
- Egypt’s El Sisi Builds Middle East’s Largest Church – CBN.”
Bill doesn’t refer to specific bible prophecies because most of his readership, like mine, is familiar with Old and New Testament prophecies. [Those covering current events in the Middle-East are Daniel 7-8 (the vision of four beasts, the goat and ram), Zecharia 12 (Jerusalem and its enemies) and Ezekiel 36-19 (Gog & Magog) in the main.]
Next, he outlines the points Secretary Pompeo made in his speech in Cairo, which was a sensible turnaround of the seriously flawed one addressed to the whole Muslim world by Obama in 2009. [My critiques of Obama’s Cairo Speech followed by Europe and Two Daniels (ie. the EU) were some of my early emails on end-times.]
Subsequently, Debka reports Sunni Arab leaders are very uneasy about America pulling out of their region in the face of Iranian aggression, but they have to learn to look after themselves – in my opinion they will draw more closely alongside Israel, an alignment that started months ago. Also, it’s a necessary part of shaking off the shackles of the Obama pro-Iranian legacy.
For in-depth consideration of Trump’s new policy see Carolyn Glick:
Latest developments on ‘axis of infamy’ foreseen by OT prophet Ezekiel is that last week’s Putin-Rouhani-Erdogan summit in Tehran determined ways of circumventing US economic sanctions against their three nations (ie Russia, Iran and Turkey).
Once their troops in Syria overcome the rebels last stronghold in Idlib then Syria will be rebuilt and become a sanctions-busting hub. According to DebkaFile, ‘the three leaders forged an economic-strategic pact to create measures for fighting American sanctions. One measure approved was to contract all business deals among Russia, Iran and Turkey, including gas and oil, in local currencies instead of American dollars. The same rule would apply to banking transactions….US and Israel paid special note to the trilateral decision reached in Tehran to convert the massive projects for Syria’s post-war recovery (after Iran had solidified its military foothold there) into a back-door hatch for escaping US sanctions against Iran. During the Obama presidency, Oman and Abu Dhabi served this purpose; under Donald Trump, it will pass to Damascus, with the added benefit of protection from the deepening Russian-Iranian-Syrian military cooperation…’
Many have long suspected events are well on the way to final fulfillment of the prophecy of the destruction of Damascus (Isaiah 17:1). With ‘Basher’ Assad’s obliteration of rebel areas, large parts of that capital are already in ruins!
We read in the previous post about Putin’s response to PM Netanyahu’s no-nonsense stance on the presence of his Iranian ally’s proxy forces on the Israel-Syrian border. After posting that I read the news-feed on Koenig’s World Watch Daily of President Trump’s reaction to Iranian president Rouhani threatening America with “the mother of all wars”! He tweeted:
So, around the 6th anniversary of the previous Iranian president’s End-times threat to Israel announced in the United Nations – plus years of belligerent threats, including that of “the mother of all wars” (ie. ‘Armageddon’), as oft’ reported here – at long last there’s now someone with a very big stick promising to make them eat their words!
Thank you Donald.
The ‘Gog-Magog’ prophecy of Ezekiel (chapters 38 and 39) is back in play! Events in last week’s news made me reconsider its relevance to current international affairs.
But now comes new news!
After posting Thursday’s Bible Update on the implicit accord or ‘understandings’ agreed between Netanyahu and Trump with Putin, I thought this development deviates from the prophesied wars against God’s people in Israel from an alliance of peoples in north and north-eastern Middle-East: currently, Iran, Syria and Turkey under Russian leadership. As that stance seems to be changing by Russia supposedly ignoring or going against Iran’s policy and by coming to an ‘understanding’ of Israel’s need to defend itself against continuous Iranian hostility, perhaps the prophecy isn’t yet applicable?
Therefore, perhaps we need to be open to such a possibility bringing an outcome that doesn’t line up with scripture as it’s not yet the ‘appointed time’?
HOWEVER, yesterday brought news of a diplomatic rift, as exclusively reported by DEBKAfile in Breakdown in Russian-Israeli “Understandings” for S. Syria:
‘The US-Russian-Israel formula for South Syria, composed in painstaking discussions for weeks, is not working. This became clear in phone conversations on Friday, July 20, between Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and President Vladimir Putin and their defense ministers. The “understandings” they had apparently reached were proving inoperable, including Russia’s guarantees for the non-presence of Iranian militias and Hizballah near Israel’s Golan border.
‘The breakdown stemmed from an abrupt Russian U-turn. Russian diplomats were suddenly claiming that Moscow never agreed to have Iranian proxies and Hizballah pushed back from the Israel border or out of Syria at large…’
Thus, PM Netanyahu said Israel is free to engage and wipe out Iranian or Hezbollah forces in the Golan border area, and went into a high state of operational readiness.
So today (Monday), the Russian Foreign Minister and Chief of Staff urgently arrived in Israel for further talks. Last night Netanyahu had described events to his Cabinet in these revealing terms:
‘He said Israel will not accept the Syrian army’s entry to the buffer zone set up by the 1974 Syrian-Israeli separation of forces accord, thereby indicating that he did not trust in Syrian compliance with this accord, despite the guarantee offered by President Vladimir Putin in their phone conversation on Friday, July 20. DEBKAfile’s sources note that Putin’s pledge came after he reneged on a series of promises he gave US President Donald Trump and Netanyahu in recent weeks, relating to keeping the Iranians and their proxies away from the Israeli border.’ (Read full details here)
UPDATE on MONDAY’s MEETING
The Russians returned empty-handed to Moscow after offering to move Iranian-allied forces in Syria back beyond 100km of the Israeli border but being rejected by Israel.
The Times of Israel reports, ‘Israel is sticking to its demand that Iran not be allowed any military foothold in Syria, the official stressed. Israel is furthermore demanding that all long-range missiles be removed from the war-torn country and that any factories producing precision-guided missiles there be shut, the official said.
‘Additionally, Jerusalem has asked Moscow to guarantee that all air-defense systems that protect the aforementioned arms be taken out of Syria. Lastly, Israel requested the closing of border crossings between Syria and Lebanon and between Syria and Iraq, to prevent Iranian weapons being smuggled into Syria.’
Military sources had provided Debka ‘pre-news service’ with details of 8 pro-Iran militias operating in the Golan area. Therefore, according to their latest report:
‘Israel’s leaders confronted their Russian visitors with the charge that, if they can’t – or won’t – remove these hostile forces from Israel’s doorstep, how can they be trusted to keep their pledge to hold them at a distance of 100km?
‘Putin’s emissaries, despite their high rank, had little hope of talking Israeli leaders around when the evidence of his perfidy was in full sight. Contrary to his pledges to the US and Israel, Hizballah and Shiite militias loyal to Tehran were operating freely at this moment on the Syrian-Israeli Golan border.’
[Hand with News Icon by Watcharakun, courtesy Freedigitalphotos.net]
Vladimir Putin’s ‘twin summits’ with Benjamin Netanyahu and then with Donald Trump, bring this update on developments relating to the Gog-Magog alliance, as foretold by Ezekiel. (Click this posts tags for background, and links for full reports):
16 July: Trump & Putin agree on keeping Israel safe (but) not much else – ‘Presidents Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin told the press that their two-hour face-to-face on Monday, July 16, in Helsinki, was a success. But, the impression was that there was very little agreement on the issues they touched on, including Iran, Syria or Crimea. Neither referred to the removal of Iran and its proxies from Syria, as Israel has demanded. Putin appeared to say that Israeli security was served by the Israeli-Syrian 1974 Separation of Forces agreement on the Golan and advised extending it to the Syrian-Jordanian border as well. Trump noted: “We both talk to Benjamin Netanyahu, work with him on Syria and agree on the importance of Israel’s safety.”..It would seem that the high speculation ahead of the summit of a deal in the making between the two presidents for Iran to quit Syria in return for a US military pullback was pie in the sky.’
16 July Debka Exclusive: Netanyahu’s secret consent to hand Golan crossing to Syria led to Trump-Putin deal on Israel’s border security – ‘(Trump and Putin) joined in their support for Israel’s security (as above) after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu told them both that he had withdrawn his objections to the Syrian army reinstating its line of outposts in the Quenitra district, including control of the Ein Zivan-Quneitra border crossing. This is the only transit point between Israel and Syria….’
18 July: Secret Helsinki deal: US & Israel hand Russia controlling role on Syria’s Israel-Jordan borders – ‘…DEBKAfile has obtained exclusive access to this deal and can reveal for the first time that it provides for the handover to Russian responsibility of all parts of southern and southwestern Syria abutting on the Israeli and Jordanian borders, including, most importantly, surveillance and observation elevations that oversee all parts of Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Israel, Lebanon and the eastern Mediterranean. Trump and Binyamin Netanyahu thereby gave Putin a valuable asset for boosting Russia’s military presence in Syria and the region at large…’ (emphasis added)
For a better grasp of President’s Trump’s apparently incorrect and/or muddled remarks on investigations into Russian hacking read investigative journalist Melanie Phillips’ in-depth analysis in The Hysteria Over Helsinki and the Real Threat to the Free World.
Melanie wisely concludes (emphases mine):
‘Trump’s personality flaws – his self-obsession, his lack of attention span, his thin skin against criticism, his inability to speak carefully and accurately – are plain for all to see. The crucial point, however, is not what Trump says, nor the content of his character, but what he does and what he achieves.
‘And here’s what Putin said that was potentially so significant. For his remarks suggested that he would support Trump’s attempts to defang both Iran and North Korea. If Trump turns out to have succeeded in detaching Russia from Iran over Syria and from China over North Korea, that would be a huge step towards defeating two of the most evil and dangerous regimes in the world.
‘Seen in this light, the reaction of the media and political class to the Helsinki press conference was not just hysterical and disproportionate and a display of near-pathological hatred towards Donald Trump, but a malevolent undermining of the most promising attempt for years to tackle some of the major threats to the peace and security of the world.’
Does Russia’s apparent change towards Iran and favouring Israel disprove the ‘Gog-Magog’ prophecy or indicate it’s not yet applicable in its fullness? Within days events changed and got realigned to that prophecy and put it back on the front burner’, as told in the next post Status quo resumption realigns Russia-Israel Realpolitiks With Bible prophecy!
(Washington, D.C.) — Iranian leaders hated it. Most European leaders hated it. So did most former advisors to President Obama and Vice President Biden, and most of Washington’s so-called “experts.” But this is hardly news.
What’s fascinating is that most Arab leaders loved it.
I’ve spoken with two very high-ranking Arab officials in recent days about the speech delivered by Secretary of State Mike Pompeo at The Heritage Foundation on Monday morning. Both made it clear to me how deeply grateful and appreciative their countries are to the Trump-Pence administration for finally taking a bold, decisive, uncompromising position against Iranian aggression.
One Arab official told me privately: “It’s like the world is sane again.”
After watching Iran be feted and praised and rewarded and appeased by President Obama and his team over the past eight years, most Sunni Arab leaders are rejoicing that the U.S. is finally treating Iran as…
View original post 1,384 more words
This morning’s news (UK time) is that, on his first trip to the Mid-East, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has given Saudi Arabia and Israel the ‘thumbs up’ to deal with Iran. [Update at Netanyahu Reveals Stunning Intelligence Coup ie. Iran lied about Deal.]
(Jerusalem, Israel) — The news is just breaking here that Prime Minister Netanyahu will speak live to the nation in a televised address at 8pm local time (1pm Eastern).
At this hour, the PM is meeting with his Security Cabinet.
What we’re hearing so far is that the PM will discuss new intelligence Israel has obtained about Iran’s nuclear program and new plots Iran is developing against the State of Israel.
The speech comes at a moment of high tension in the region.
- The Syrian regime continues using chemical weapons against its own people, despite the fact Russian President Putin and then US-President Barack Obama assured us all chemical weapons had been removed from Syria.
- Russia and Iran continue to consolidate their military positions in Syria, and to prop up the Assad regime to keep the dictator in power.
- Both the U.S. and Israel have launched air strikes against the…
View original post 371 more words