Gog and Allies Attack Israel
Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 “Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, [a]the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him, 3 and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. 4 I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords. 5 Persia, [b]Ethiopia, and [c]Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet; 6 Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you…”
Gog’s Armies Destroyed
“And you, son of man, prophesy against Gog, and say, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, [a]the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal; 2 and I will turn you around and lead you on, bringing you up from the far north, and bring you against the mountains of Israel…” (NKJV – BibleGateway)
In last Friday’s in-depth news-roundup Koenig’s Eye-View From The White House, the presidential seat’s ‘resident’ Christian journalist William Koenig reports:
‘The Congressional testimony entitled “Moscow in the Middle East and North Africa” presented by Anna Borshchevskaya is extremely comprehensive. It documents Russia’s active, aggressive and shrewd alignment with the nations of Ezekiel, chapters 38-39. It also shows how Russia is out-positioning the United States in many countries. The testimony even mentioned that Benjamin Netanyahu has met with Russian President Vladimir Putin more often than he did with the Obama administration or has with the Trump White House. I highly recommend you take the time to read the entire testimony.‘ (emphasis mine)
Here’s some of its pertinent parts that Bill quotes:
- With a combination of aggression and diplomacy, Russian president Vladimir Putin has ensured Russia’s long-term prominence in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Washington must now take Moscow into account in the region to a degree it hasn’t had to for years.
- Moscow’s September 2015 military intervention in Syria was a game changer, but it’s important to remember that, prior to the intervention, Putin had worked methodically and consistently for at least fifteen years to return Russia to the Middle East—a region that has historically mattered to Russian rulers. While he had achieved considerable influence by as early as 2010, the Syria intervention officially restored Russia’s place as a critical regional player and helped position Putin as a regional power-broker.
- Putin has developed pragmatic ties with every government and major opposition movement in the region—an approach that has proven more successful than the Soviet Union’s ideological blinkering.
- The region’s leaders feel comfortable dealing with Putin, who appeals to their self-interest. They covet Russian weaponry and hedge their bets in the uncertainty of U.S. policy. Moscow doesn’t ask Middle East leaders to improve the human rights situation in their countries.
- American allies in the region, from Egypt, Turkey, Israel, the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), and Morocco, to one degree or another, have come to see Putin as a necessary reality and a more reliable partner than the United States—a mediator who can talk to all sides. Not only has the Kremlin courted every major government and opposition movement in the region, but increasingly, they conversely court the Kremlin.
- The Kremlin has been careful and holds its cards close when it comes to its ultimate intentions in Libya, but Russia’s presence in the country is real:
- Saudi Arabian King Salman made a historic visit to Moscow in October 2017, which demonstrates Moscow’s accepted prominence in the region.
- Arms and nuclear deals play an important role in Egypt’s increasingly closer ties to Russia.
- Moscow is also building Turkey’s nuclear power plant. Erdogan’s ongoing discussion about the purchase of S- 400’s from Moscow would have been unthinkable even a decade ago but increasingly appears to reflect reality rather than mere posturing.
- Morocco has grown closer to Russia in terms of Moscow’s support for Morocco’s nuclear energy.
The Testimony also covers China’s involvement in the Middle East, which so far is mainly economic with a military and political component.
Also, here’s ‘Rosh’, the leader of the Gog-Magog alliance at a summit with that ‘king’ of the East, who stated that,
“Beijing will continue to promote steady development of ties with Tehran no matter how the situation changes.” Xi condemned Washington’s unilateral pullout from the 2015 nuclear deal with Tehran as the main reason behind rising tensions in the region, calling for the promotion of multilateralism. He stressed that Beijing will continue its strategic relations with Tehran in various fields, including fighting terrorism and systematic crimes.’
Let’s see what scripture says about them in Revelation 16:
Sixth Bowl: Euphrates Dried Up
12 Then the sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up, so that the way of the kings from the east might be prepared. 13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs coming out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 For they are spirits of demons, performing signs, which go out to the kings [g]of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.