I’ve been twice ‘nudged’ to check Israel’s politico-military-diplomatic intelligence website Debkafile. The first time was just before I was about to go offline for dinner last night, only hours after having posted Prophetic Scripture Update #4.
Not only did I find news of expanding Russian-Iranian military cooperation in Syria, and inserted a linked ‘alert’ at the close of that post, but also I found the website’s layout had been changed within those four hours. Then first thing at my desk this morning I got another ‘nudge’! I regularly check links within blogs before publication, but in view of that new site I again checked all Debka links in that post only to find they now give a ‘404’ unavailability error.
Readers who may have tried them without success should now try again via above link.
Photo credit: Marc Israel Sellem/Pool/Flash90
Notwithstanding PM Netanyahu’s frequent meetings and contacts with president Putin, Russia is radically ramping up its direct involvement with Iranian-backed forces in Syria against ISIS. Also, in refusing to permit/oversee a wide buffer-zone between Syria and Israel as well as enabling an Iranian corridor through Syria to the Mediterranean, Russia is turning a blind eye to Iranian forces coming within easy striking distance of Israel.
[1pm breaking news: Israel shoots down Hizballah drone over Golan Heights border.]
Even so, the Lord has this and every outcome subject to His sovereign purposes:
“So I will make My holy name known in the midst of My people Israel and I will not let them profane My Holy Name anymore. Then the nations shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel…” (Ezek 39:7)…”I will set My glory among the nations; all the nations shall see My judgement which I have executed and My hand which I have laid on them…” (Ezek 39:21)
The following extracts give an idea how on-the-ground conditions are lining up with the Gog-Magog prophecies. AND let’s not overlook contemporary words from the Lord about His shaking the earth and heavens!
Last night’s Syrian/Hizballah may call up Russian air-strikes as cooperation deepens –
- ‘The license now awarded to Syrian and pro-Iranian Hizballah commanders to contact the operations rooms of Russian air squadrons, without going through the main Russian air base at Hmeimim in Latakia or the Syrian high command in Damascus, dramatically boosts the autonomy of Syrian, Hizballah and Iranian commanders in the field…(all emphases mine)
- ‘Word of this game-changer was delivered by Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, (to) Syrian ruler Bashar Assad in Damascus last Thursday, Sept. 14…(he) then flew to Tehran – this time in secret – to discuss Russia’s new operation plans for Syria with Iran’s Revolutionary Guards and Military leaders.
- ‘DEBKAfile’s military sources note that the actions set in train by Shoigu have radically ramped up Russia’s military cooperation in Syria with Iran, Syria and Hizballah. They were timed to take place shortly before President Donald Trump’s meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu at UN Center in New York on Monday, Sept. 19…
- ‘The Kremlin was also putting Washington on notice that, after investing massive military and financial resources in Syria, it had no intention to let pro-American forces share in the kudos of the final victory over the Islamic State in Syria, which belonged solely to the Russian-Syrian-Iranian-Hizballah war alliance…’
This morning’s Russian pontoons convey Syrian forces across Euphrates –
- ‘Hailed as one of the most important military feats of the Syrian war. DEBKAfile’s military sources add that Hizballah forces are part of the contingent crossing the river…
- ‘While the rhetoric flows from Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu’s talks with world leaders in New York, a profound strategic event is taking place on the Syrian-Iraqi border: Iran is winning a land corridor through Iraq and Syria to the Mediterranean Sea with Russian support but without the US or Israel taking any counteraction…
- ‘Iran’s new army chief, Maj. Gen. Abdolrahim Mousavi, threatened Monday to raze Haifa and Tel Aviv to the ground if Israel makes any mistake…‘ (rant omited!)
I won’t copy his threatening the destruction of Israel within 25 years as we’re well aware of our heavenly Father’s contempt for such plans. It is written:
“Why do the nations rage, and the people plot a vain thing? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against I the LORD and against My Anointed, they have said to themselves, “Let us break their bonds in pieces and cast away their cords from us, But I the Lord who sits in the heavens shall laugh, I the LORD shall hold them in derision”. (Psalm 2:1-4)
MOREOVER, back in April a seer known to my readers had a vision in which she heard those preceding verses and records:
‘Then suddenly I came out of the encounter and I was fully awake. Immediately I began to pray in the Spirit concerning what I had seen and what I had heard, then the Holy Spirit showed me again a great, severe and violent shaking that is about to take place in many Nations in the Earth. Then I heard these words,
“WATCH! FOR THIS IS THE HOUR OF DIVINE DERISION AND SCORN FOR THE NATIONS OF THE EARTH”.
Meanwhile, Egypt’s president el-Sisi and PM Netanyahu have held a most amicable first publicly-announced meeting during the opening day of UN General Assembly. (Times of Israel describes it as ‘Egyptian leader showing his mettle by posing with Netanyahu’!)