Taken from my notes of Mentoring Day Part 2, this is published by kind permission of Revd Dr Sharon Stone, leader of Christian International Europe. (Note: also see Matthew 12:29, 16:19 & 18:18 on Christians’ authority to orally ‘bind and loose’ on earth that which also pertains in heaven.)
Sharon claims that, over many years of operating with decrees, she’s seen shifts in regions and nations that bring acceleration as a result of Godly decrees having been made over them. When we exercise our authority in making decrees as citizens of the Kingdom it is possible to see a major change, even by this time next year.
PRINCIPLES OF DECREES & DECLARATIONS
1. We can reform and recreate our world. In the beginning, God spoke everything into existence and, being made in His image, we recognise the power of words to reform or recreate our world. In fact, many consider the opening verses of Genesis to mean that God re-formed the earth.
Morality and spirituality is spiralling downward. As in Genesis, when things are in chaos is the best time to speak, “Let there be light!” [Proverbs 18:21 applies too: ‘Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit’.]
A decree is a written statement and becomes a binding, legal instrument. God has three forms of decree – word, law, rule. These have been corrupted on earth through human and demonic agents. [This concept connects with ‘generational altars’, defiled ones of which are to be destroyed: Gen 12:8, 26:25, 28:18, 2Kings3, Deut 12, 1Cor10:14-22 ]
Then we herald, or proclaim orally the decree. A declaration is a personal statement about our allegiance with what’s decreed and is, therefore, a witness and testimony to its truth. Satan is a legalist, thief and destroyer and we need to understand fully the strategic meaning of prophet Daniel’s vision of the ‘fourth beast’ (Dan 7:15-28).
2. The laws of God can be re-activated in the earth and a new administrative order can be released by means of decrees. The process for making such changes is based upon Hebrews 7:11-12 (the new priesthood after the order of Melchizedek).
The traditional churches believe the present system will continue but it’s just like the Judaic system’s replacement recorded at Hebrew 7:15-16. Let’s not forget Solomon’s proverb (Proverbs 15:2) which applies to us as searchers, or may be likened to Jesus’ parables, or to His unravelling a ball of string:
It is the glory of God to conceal a matter,
But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
3. Decrees establish and construct foundations with a secure legal position for the purpose of building the Kingdom, as it is written at Job 22:28.:
You will also declare a thing,
And it will be established for you;
So light will shine on your ways.
Nehemiah used this principle against enemies of his rebuilding Jerusalem’s walls for they’d no right to be there, whereas he possessed the Persian king’s written decree.
Legalist Satan pays great attention to decrees and makes opposite ones to rob Godly ones of their power. This strategy can be overcome as revealed by the Lord to prophet Isaiah, as in the opening verse of his 10th chapter (for outcome see vv 3-4):
“Woe to those who decree unrighteous decrees,
Who write misfortune, Which they have prescribed…
4. Therefore, we’re authorised to declare “Woe!” against unrighteous decrees and all those who write them [like Jesus cursing the fig tree which bore no fruit]. As in Job 6:25 “How forceful are right (and timely) words…”
5. A decree is forceful and violent, as in applying a signet ring to a decree, as Jesus stated at Matthew 11:12 (from Amplified versions)
And from the days of John the Baptist until the present time, the kingdom of heaven has endured violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize—a share in the heavenly kingdom is sought with most ardent zeal and intense exertion].
and Matt 16:19 to Peter and his fellow disciples:
“I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth must be what is already bound in heaven; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth must be what is already loosed in heaven.”
Sharon explained such application shakes and breaks open heaven, like an icebreaker! Now I understood the relevance of the open vision I’d been granted at the start of the meeting (see Part 1)!
Next, came a practical application of the fresh Apostolic Prophetic Decrees Over the UK (courtesy Michael Marcel) the Lord had given Sharon after waiting upon Him early that morning. He also gave her the decrees which our enemy has sown into the minds of politicians, media and the not-yet believing public.
7. The Decision is enforced by the Watchers (angels) in accordance with Daniel 4:17
This sentence is by the decree of the [heavenly] watchers and the decision is by the word of the holy ones, to the intent that the living may know that the Most High [God] rules the kingdom of mankind and gives it to whomever He will and sets over it the humblest and lowliest of men.
The closing verses of Psalm 103 also attest to this principle:
Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word. Bless the Lord, all you His hosts, You ministers of His, who do His pleasure. Bless the Lord, all His works, In all places of His dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!
NB: It’s especially interesting how the Book of Esther was separately referred to twice during that day, and then again two days later upon watching the video about the Welsh Outpouring. This began with a prophetic word from Esther about appearing before the king and touching his sceptre.
Perhaps the Lord God is indicating that, as He’s brought spiritual and physical changes within church for Wales and overflowing to the rest of Britain, so too will what has been done in Windsor affect and bring changes within our nations. I trust it will do so in view of my personal perception of its spiritual significance to the United Kingdom as a pivotal point, or cog, between heaven and earth.
May each of these apostolic and prophetic decrees be enabled and enforced for the Greater Glory of God. Amen.
- This teaching is discussed ‘over coffee’ here and continued here.
- Refer also to Matthew 12:29, 16:19 & 18:18 on Christians’ authority to orally ‘bind and loose’ on earth that which also pertains in heaven.
[Publ: 5 Feb 2019]