“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.” (John 17:20-23 NKJV)
Of myself: born and baptised in Roman Catholicism but when an adult became anti-church; but blessed to be saved and born-again by and baptised in the Holy Spirit, I regard myself as being non-denomination and desire the manifestation of the above prayer by My Saviour Jesus the Messiah.
And guess what? I find Donald Trump, the President of the United States of America, is in the same boat with me – ie. non-denominational – as we shall soon see!
So let’s quickly recap thus far on this posts’ specific topic. We’re examining the claim from British pastors’ perspective that, as reported superficially by biased media, there are grounds for doubting Donald Trump has “the values of Jesus or a heart for His Kingdom.”
However, my blog’s historical data reports:
- Trump is honoured, supported and prayed for by black churches, one bishop of which attended his Inauguration.
- Prayer played a major role in his Inauguration, which featured more religious leaders than any other inauguration in history.
- Independent editor based in the White House reported, “I rejoice at the change because it has been very tough being in the White House press corps the last eight years…Fortunately, Trump, Pence…and the nominees are very pro-Christian, pro-Evangelical and pro-Israel. This is truly a new day for believers in Yeshua.”
- Furthermore, “not since Ronald Reagan’s presidency have all Christians been so welcome in every area of the White House as they are under Trump & VP. Pence.”
An inserted re-blog from the ‘Never-Trump’ author Joel Rosenberg tells what changed his mind and how he told President Trump when ‘Veep’ Pence took him to meet him in the Oval Office:
“Sir, if you accomplish nothing else for the rest of your term, you will go down in history as the most pro-life and pro-Israel president in the history of the country. And I just want to say, on behalf of my wife and me, thank you.” The President seemed moved. Then I noted the Bible commands believers to “pray for kings and all those in authority.”
“I want you to know, sir, that I have prayed for you and your family every day since you took the Oath of Office.”
“Thank you, Joel,” Trump replied. “That means a lot to me.”
“For me it is worthy of note that I’ve never seen a president who loved prayer as much as Donald Trump — and that includes from those I voted for and those I didn’t,” Johnson, who regularly preaches on revival and the Holy Spirit, said. “His passion for godly counsel is also legendary. His historic actions for Israel should appeal to believers, as the biblical mandate to pray supportively for Jerusalem is a clear priority in scripture.”
‘Explaining that he isn’t trying to coerce anyone or tell them who to vote for, Johnson said he believes Trump “is the only one who isn’t owned by either party, and is fully capable through courage and boldness to bring about the changes needed.”
2. Religion News Service report of 19th October Both Candidates Went To Church This Weekend; Their Experiences Were Very Different makes for interesting reading and includes a brief prophetic word given to President and First Lady Trump.
3. An exclusive and extensive interview with RNS published 23rd October reveals,
‘President Trump said in a written statement that he no longer identifies as a Presbyterian and now sees himself as a non-denominational Christian. “Though I was confirmed at a Presbyterian church as a child, I now consider myself to be a non-denominational Christian,” Trump, who has repeatedly identified as a Presbyterian in the past, said in a written response to RNS.
‘Saying that his parents “taught me the importance of faith and prayer from a young age,” Trump went on to say that “Melania and I have gotten to visit some amazing churches and meet with great faith leaders from around the world. During the unprecedented COVID-19 outbreak, I tuned into several virtual church services and know that millions of Americans did the same.”
‘The revelation about Trump’s religious identity appeared in an interview that was conducted in writing and covered a variety of faith topics, ranging from the president’s own spiritual life to his plans for the White House office tasked with engaging faith groups.’
4. In President Trump: “Our Rights Do Not Come From Government, They Come From God” Gary Bower at LifeNews.com examines RNS interview’s five questions put to him:
- Last week you gave reference to thanking God that you had COVID. What did you learn spiritually during your COVID experience?
- You are regularly associated with influential Evangelical leaders what have you learned from them spiritually?
- Given the support you have received from evangelical Christians in particular, do you consider yourself to be an evangelical Christian and, why or why not?
- What have you done to help persecuted Christians around the world?
- You have continued the efforts of past administrations to have a “faith-based office.” What specific results have been produced by the Faith and Opportunity Initiative since you established it in 2018 and what do you expect it to accomplish in the coming years?
I trust my readers will be surprised and encouraged to join me in visiting the above links to learn more about President Trump’s renewed faith as a follower of Jesus Christ. May the Lord be the Trumps’ strong tower and keep them secure during this vital election.
Next, we’ll be surprised to note how Trump has put his faith into action as a politician!
READ ALL THIS SERIES’ PARTS:
- 2008-2017 – Challenge and comparison
- 2017-2020 – Dismantling Obama’s legacy
- President Trump’s Personal Faith
- President Trump’s Faith in Action.
- President Trump’s Worship & Belief
- Truth Social, and Bible Prophecy?
PS: 20th Anniversary of 9/11 – Pres. Trump Shares 21 Days National Prayer Call