On Friday Joel Rosenberg in Jerusalem blogged about FoxNews.com publishing that morning a new column of his on the massive Russian war games underway near the borders of three NATO countries and Ukraine. He includes findings from an exclusive poll he’d commissioned about American attitudes towards Russia and Putin earlier this year.
Regular readers of this blog will be familiar with Joel’s writings but FoxNews introduces him:
- Rosenberg has extraordinary credentials for his perspective on America’s enemies, earning him the nickname of a “modern day Nostradamus.”
- In 2002, Rosenberg opened his debut novel, The Last Jihad, with Muslim extremists using an airplane in a kamikaze attack on the president of the United States. Rosenberg wrote that scene before the 9/11 terror attack….[his] upcoming novel is focused on what seems to be his latest prophetic piece of fiction, The Kremlin Conspiracy…
Joel’s blog Putin is more dangerous than radical Islam is primarily concerned with that Russian’s intentions in Eastern Europe and on Joel’s experience as a Watcher on the walls, “Putin is the greatest geo-political threat that the West faces”.
The biblical aspect of Putin’s ambitions, however, increasingly continues to be directly connected with the Gog-Magog coalition foreseen by prophet Ezekiel in the scenario of end-times events the Lord showed him; as outlined in Update #3 (with its account of a ‘coincidental’ attack by ‘cyber-gremlins’ AND that’s not the first time with respect to my blogging about Iran!).
In view of his residence in Israel, Joel will doubtless be aware of developments over the Syrian front, as in yesterday’s Breaking Israel News of Russia rejecting Israel’s request for a 37-mile buffer zone in the Golan to keep Iranian-backed forces away from their border.
These extracts from Debkafile’s recent military intelligence analyses and reports provide more on Putin’s support of Iran:
- ‘The Russian air force has recently deployed to Syria four of its most highly advanced early warning and control aircraft, the Beriev A-50 SRDLO (“Mainstay”), which is rated the most sophisticated AWACS in operation…(The plane’s) radar is capable of pinpointing targets across a distance of 600km (covering) all parts of Israel and can detect every aerial and military movement…’ (30 Aug – Russian-Syrian radar covers all Israel)
- ‘Washington was winding up discussions with Moscow on terms for US special forces to evacuate the Al Tanf post they were holding in the Syrian-Iraqi-Jordanian triangle and hand it over to the Syrian army. Quitting Al Tanf is tantamount to the US withdrawal from south-eastern Syria and its handover to Syria and its allies, including Hizballah…’(8 Sept – US set to quit Al Tanf. Pro-Iranian forces move in)
- ‘Iran, Syria and Hizballah sharpened their responses to the large-scale Israeli military war game against a potential Hizballah invasion… An Iranian military buildup indeed appears to be taking place on Syria’s borders with Jordan and Israel, in response to Israel’s mock thrust into Lebanon. But they are moving in on areas outside the de-escalation zones which are manned by Russian officers. Their tactic therefore is to entrench themselves in other parts of the southeastern Syria so that Russian, Iranian, Syrian and Hizballah forces form a continuous, impermeable line along Syria’s borders with Israel and Jordan.’ (12 Sept – Iran build-up in S Syria…)
- ‘The (US/UK-forbidden river Euphates) crossing operation, as well as deepening Russia’s military involvement in Syrian and Hizballah offensives, is a major boost for Iran’s objectives, with grave strategic implications for the US and Israel…Iran and its pawns were creating an accomplished fact, with massive logistical and military assistance from the Russian army…By establishing a foothold on both banks of the Euphrates River and both sides of the Syrian-Iraqi border, Iran has taken a step towards pursuing its avowed goal of Israel’s destruction.’ (16 Sept – Syrian/Hizballah troops cross Euphrates).
6pm alert – today’s game-changing tactics! (Read Russia/Iran’s game-changer.)