The oracle of the word of the LORD affirming Israel. Thus says the LORD, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:
“Behold I will make Jerusalem a cup of drunkenness (‘threshold of shivering’) to all surrounding peoples, when they lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem.
‘And it shall happen in that day that will I make Jerusalem a very heavy (burdensome) stone for all peoples: all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered (together) against it”. (Zechariah 12:3 NKJV with KJV per Hebrew)
Today, President Trump is expected to make an announcement on the United States’ official recognition of Jerusalem as capital of the State of Israel, as well as the decision to relocate the US embassy there. [Update Thurs: Two minutes after posting and closing down for the day I turned on 6 o’clock BBC News to see him ‘Live’ in the White House. Amended post’s title spelling, adjusted opening of Zech 12 to match Hebrew see here.]
Here are some of the headlines over the past week relating to developments in fulfilling Biblical prophecy in Israel and the Middle-East:
First, we must refer to the concurrent ‘coincidental’ events that William Koenig noted as a result of his observations over the past 20 years and concluding there’s a direct correlation in connection with the ‘peace process’ on dividing up the land.
- Thur Nov 30 – the ‘world’ gathered in United Nations votes 151-6 against Israel. Declaration Israel’s Actions in Syrian Golan and East Jerusalem ‘Null & Void’ from General Assembly’s full-frontal attack on Israel and the covenant land passes six resolutions by wide margins.
- Thur-Fri Nov 30-31 – earthquakes throughout the world in diverse places and a rare 4.1 shaking felt in the New York-Washington corridor.
- Sun Dec 3 – Co-ordinated US military moves in Mid-East & Israel against Syria
- Mon Dec 4 – Muslim nations call for summit if Trump recognizes Jerusalem
- Tue Dec 5 – Trump shuns warnings, vows to move embassy to Jerusalem
- Tue Dec 5 – Europe rattled Trump may recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital
- Tue Dec 5 – Putin tells Abbas he supports talks on Jerusalem
- Tue Dec 5 – Hamas demands PA PM resign:Palestinian unity deal collapses
- Tue Dec 5 – Phone blitz: Trump speaks to Netanyahu, Abbas, Abdullah ahead of Jerusalem decision
- Tue Dec 5 – Trump tells Abbas he intends to move embassy to Jerusalem.
Also see Cranmer’s article/discussion The whole world should recognise Jerusalem as Israel’s capital – simply because it is!