What a refreshing change after ex-Potus Obama threw Egypt’s Mubarak ‘under the bus’ after being duped by the Muslim Brotherhood. (For latest info see: The MB, Fountain of Islamist Violence.)
(Washington, D.C.) — President Trump’s efforts to rebuild deeply strained relations with America’s Sunni Arab Muslim allies continue full speed ahead this week.
Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi has just departed Cairo and is currently headed for Washington. On Monday, April 3rd, he will meet with Trump.
- This will be the Egyptian leader’s first time to the White House.
- President Obama never invited him but rather treated him nearly as persona non grata during his administration, denouncing el-Sisi for removing the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist regime from power in the summer of 2013 and suspending aid and military sales to Egypt for a time.
- This will actually be el-Sisi’s second meeting with Mr. Trump.
- Their first meeting was on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly meetings in New York last September during the presidential campaign. At the time, el-Sisi also met with Hillary Clinton.
- The Egyptian president was also the first leader to call Mr. Trump the…
View original post 1,211 more words