‘Live wire, rapid fire’ Pat Schatzline says, “I have a sleep disorder called revelation!”.
His focus last Sunday prompted me to resurrect a ‘Do You Know Him?’ video from a menu page published in April 2012. Hence, this week’s earlier post, Let’s boast in who Jesus Christ is, because…
Pat’s message is based upon the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego refusing to bow down to king Nebuchadnezzar’s golden idol, and the fourth man with them in the fiery furnace. The king describes him as “like a son of the gods” (Aramaic; ‘being-like to-son-of Elohim’, Daniel 4:27).
First, however, Pat stresses the importance of ‘bragging on the Lord’ because the Lord told him that’s the difference between meetings where there’s lots of healing miracles and none. Pat wants to go to churches with ‘ed’ on Sunday, where he can talk about what God did there and brag about it, all in accord with scripture!
His prophetical message (see ‘Revival on the Gulf Coast’ header here) about the new era notes that the days ahead will require a new level of praise, as in Psalm 150:1-6 and the congregation rises up with him:
“It’s what washes your mind. You gotta praise when you get up, praise when doing things in the day, praise when you go to sleep – it will keep you from doing dumb things.”
Pat’s been on a very intense journey since being there last Summer because the Lord’s been saying, “If you’ll allow me to take you to the places of revival, you’ll be part of the next one”. So he’s been reading history books and writing one on the present lack of altar-calls to repentance, which thereby break demonic bondage rather than as in some services where demons are sanctified.
“He hasn’t abdicated! He is still on the throne and He’s calling us back to the altars…You’ve GOT to get your eyes on Him because the culture’s intense right now: right is wrong and wrong is right – faith is being challenged at every level!
“When you use scripture the world’s against you because of political correctness and so you’ve got to know who you are in Christ…
“I’m watching prophets running round who are friends of mine and they’re declaring gloom and doom. I get it – the four blood moons, the shemitah, signs and wonders on earth – I understand all that kind of stuff and believe it! But I’m watching all that and think:
“We’ve gotta talk some life here, we’ve gotta realise everybody ain’t saved yet…BUT what if we praise Him, we just praise Him!
Pat quotes 1 Peter 4:12 and 13 – ‘Dear friends do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering as though something strange were happening to you but rejoice that you participate in the suffering of Christ so that you may be overjoyed when His glory is revealed’, reinforced by The Message version of Matthew 6:26. He continues,
“God told me what to tell you is to brag on Him and things in your life will change – turn that stupidity off your TV! Learn to brag on Him, brag on Him, brag on Him…Look what it says in His Word at Isaiah 60:1-5,
‘Arise and shine for your light has come and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon YOU. Nations will come to your light and kings to the brightness of your dawn…’
Recounting, with video, the account of Daniel’s friends being saved in the furnace by the fourth man, he reminds us the king issued an Empire-wide decree that anyone saying anything against these three men’s god be executed and homes demolished. Why? Because “No other god can save in this way”!
So too, ‘the fourth man’ is with us in all our trials. As Pat struggled in the night preparing this message the Lord told him to boast about Him because of what’s about to be done and seen wherever He’s praised.
He concludes by revealing the identity of that fourth man whereby we may boast of the Father and Son; or in other words, to introduce our King:
- in Genesis, He is the Seed of the Woman.
- in Exodus, He is The Passover Lamb.
- in Leviticus, He is the our High Priest.
- in Numbers, He is the Pillar of Cloud by day and the Pillar of Fire by night.
- in Deuteronomy, He is the Prophet like unto Moses.
- in Joshua, He is the Captain of our Salvation (and of the heavenly host).
- in Judges, He is our Judge and Lawgiver
- in Ruth, He is our Kinsman Redeemer.
- in 1st & 2nd Samuel, He is our Trusted Prophet.
- in Kings and Chronicles, He is our Reigning King.
- in Ezra, He is our Faithful Scribe.
- in Nehemiah, He is the Rebuilder of the Broken-down Walls in our lives.
- in Esther, He is our Mordecai.
- in Job, He is our Dayspring from on high and our Ever-living Redeemer.
- in Psalms, He is The Lord our Shepherd.
- in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes, He is our Wisdom.
- in the Song of Songs, He is our Lover and our Bridegroom.
- in Isaiah, He is The Prince of Peace.
- in Jeremiah, He is the Righteous Branch.
- in Lamentations, He is the Weeping Prophet.
- in Ezekiel, He is the Wonderful Four-faced Man.
- in Daniel, He is the Fourth Man in our Fire (and Son of Man).
- in Hosea, He is the Faithful Husband, forever married to the ‘backslider’.
- in Joel, He is the Baptiser in the Holy Spirit and Fire.
- in Amos, He is our Burden-Bearer.
- in Obadiah, He is the Mighty To Save.
- in Jonah, He is our Great Foreign Missionary.
- in Micah, He is the Messenger of Beautiful Feet carrying the Gospel.
- in Nahum, He is the Avenger of God’s Elect.
- in Habakkuk, He is God’s Evangelist crying out, “Revive Thy work in the midst of the years!”.
- in Zephaniah, He is the Saviour who sings songs over me.
- in Haggai, He is the Restorer of God’s Lost Heritage.
- In Zecharia, He is the Fountain Open in the House of David for sin and uncleanliness.
- in Malachi, He is The Son of Righteousness Risen with Healing in His Wings.
“Do you know Him?
“I don’t care what you’re walking through;
“He said, if you put me as pre-eminent, I’ll change the atmosphere,
“If you’ll learn how to praise me, I’ll change the atmosphere,
“If you’ll learn how to trust me again, I’ll change the atmosphere…I have the power to transform your…to transform what’s been coming against you..”
An exceptionally inspirational message! Much of it reinforces the prophetic word from Jerusalem received on the first day of the past Feast of Tabernacles – read it again.
Also, those are Old Covenant identities of the Fourth Man – so there’s more to come in the New. First, however, let’s mull over and appreciate Who the Lord is.
Yes, I found a writer Carlo Carreto and he said all God wants is our prayer and love. All I have been doing is loving Jesus for days now and I have never felt more alive! I know all the end times stuff and when I have read that stuff God always tells me dwell on Jesus, think of the good things and He will be there for the rest.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Amen and amen again.
LikeLiked by 1 person
AMEN, AMEN, AND AMEN so be it Jesus our LORD.
LikeLiked by 1 person