Readers might like to know that last night, after hearing John Kilpatrick’s detailed teaching upon Russia’s possible intentions according to Ezekiel 38-39 and his declaration to national leaders on Israel, I checked out the latest ‘before the media’ headlines. What I found had been published perhaps less than an hour before, according to its time-stamp.
In view of what we’d just heard, this headline was most interesting: Netanyahu-Sisi-Abbas line-up tells Hamas: “Accept an extra month’s truce – or Ramallah will” (click for full report). This ‘exclusive’ opens as follows,
“The Egyptian and Palestinian Authority delegations slapped down an ultimatum for Hamas when negotiations for a durable Gaza truce resumed in Cairo, Sunday, Aug. 17. Debkafile’s intelligence report that Hamas was given the option of declaring a 1-month extension of the 5-day ceasefire which runs out Monday midnight, (emphasis added) or else the announcement would be made from Ramallah Monday in the name of the Palestinian national unity government. This was the first joint action taken by the triple bloc formed by Egyptian President Abdel Fatteh El-Sisi, Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas for pushing the Islamist Hamas-Islamic Jihad duo up against a wall…”
It continues by referring to the bloc’s backers, namely Saudi king Abdullah and Russian president Putin!
More sensational, but definitely not surprising to those who follow closely, is the bloc’s agreement to keep the Obama-Kerry duo and administration, as well as the Europeans, from the trio’s dealings with the Palestinian Islamist factions.
“The proposition the three partners have formulated puts Hamas and Jihad on the spot. The Arab world has abandoned them and their only source of funding is Tehran. So their choices are grim: Face an escalated war that Israel will fight until the bitter end, or swallow hard and accept the only proposition on the table which is tantamount to disarmament and capitulation.
“Their isolation is complete. The Egyptian, Israeli and Palestinian leaders have managed to cut Hamas away from any backing in Washington, Qatar and Turkey as well as blocking its path to Moscow….
“Mahmoud Abbas, who appeared to be sitting on the sidelines of the Gaza conflict during Israel’s month-long military operation, finally threw in his lot with Sisi and Netanyahu when it came to the crunch…”
Thus, they’ve put the USA out in the cold, and their playmates Turkey and Qatar, as a result of the outrageous shenanigans that were a serious affront to sensible discourse, as Joel Rosenberg reported here. At least Abbas may now be cooperating with Israel – and without American involvement!
These actions confirm long-held suspicions of Obama’s preference to support terrorists, especially where connected with the Muslim Brotherhood. I voiced my own sceptical reservations of his 2009 overtures in Cairo to the Muslim nations, as well as to claims to his being a committed Christian. Obama’s own and his administration’s lack of concern for the butchery of fellow believers in Nigeria, Syria and Iraq are common knowledge.
[Respected analyst Caroline Glick’s insights on his change of direction in Obama’s new plan for Hamas point out there’s never been anything real to differentiate Fatah from Hamas. So Sisi’s gameplan may come undone, or actually prove effective in driving a wedge between the two Palestinian factions, as reported here. Update 19/8: see Abbas orders probe into Hamas coup plot revealed by Israel. Also, my comments on Obama in Cairo reinforced by US Army Lt Col (Ret’d) Allen West on how he’s enabled Islamist causes.]
Additionally, this decision by Israel’s supporters demonstrates Obama’s incompetence and strategic blunders in foreign policy has lost America all credibility and respect in the Middle East.
This fresh Gaza conflict instigated by Hamas has served to bring out into the open the new geo-political reality of America’s only democratic ally in the region now working with Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Russia (as well as Jordan).
It demonstrates the truth of what the Lord promised Abraham that whomsoever blesses him and his descendants through Isaac will be blessed by Him and, conversely, those who curse them will fall outside that blessing and be open to living a cursed life, as it is written in Genesis 12.
Calls to pray for Obama appeared to result in a temporary change in his attitude to Israel. However, hostility seems to remain, as shown by his dealings with Prime Minister Netanyahu and halting further arms supplies. Anyway, this unrighteous gentile has the dubious distinction of being C-in-C and evangelist for changes in the definition of marriage; again defying scripture…
- 19/8 truce extended by another 24 hours (possible Israeli concessions).
- 20/8 Hamas violates 11th ceasefire – rocket barrage on Jerusalem, Tel Aviv
- for those whose main news is from BBC, its misreporting is corrected here!
- Qatar threatened to expel protected Hamas leader if it agreed to Cairo truce
- 21/8 Hamas admits to murder of 3 teenagers; last straw that brought retaliation
- In answering question about targeting Hamas leaders Netanyahu referred to the Israeli alignment with Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the Palestinian Authority. There is no crisis with the US as relations are excellent. Obama administration backs Israel in its fight and includes support for Gaza’s demilitarization. (Debka)
- Hamas chiefs hammered to death for their war of attrition in breaking ceasefires
- BBC sticks to inaccurate statements despite Hamas’ admission on kidnappings
- 26/8 Jerusalem Post: Hamas official: language of Egyptian cease-fire proposal ‘acceptable’, but their political chief Khaled Meshaal is reported as still being against any truce and continues rocket attacks.
- Breaking news 17:30 IDT: Jerusalem has not commented on the claim by Hamas and Islamic Jihad officials fighting in Gaza of a deal with Israel to end their 50-day war. Egypt plans an announcement at 6 pm, followed an hour later by a possible statement by Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas. Debkafile: In the course of the Gaza campaign, truces have repeatedly fallen by the wayside before implement-tation, or else they were violated by Palestinian terrorist groups before they took hold. Israel is therefore treating the Palestinian announcements with extreme caution.
Another well-informed point of view on US foreign policy may be found in several short pieces by Elliott Abrams of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Also, see Cranmer on the Church’s attack upon PM Cameron’s ‘incoherent’ Middle-East policy.
[Image courtesy of Watcharakun at Freedigitalphotos.com]