Mark Davidson, author of ‘Daniel Revisited’ with its ‘Four Signposts’ perspective of that book’s prophecies (overview here), introduces his new book on a fuller and better way of handling prophetic scriptures.
This is a brief teaching series to point to the breakthroughs shown us in Chronicles. The book itself is much more detailed.
- Part 1—Introduction: What Is Chiastics and What It Can Do
- Part 2—How to Read a Chiastic Passage, in Both Its Forms
- Part 3—What Parallel Form Tells Us
- Part 4—What Convergent Form Tells Us
- Part 5—How These Forms Change the Prophecy Landscape
We’ve been taught all our lives to read the words in the Bible (and in all other books), linearly, one after the other, in sentences. This, of course, is logical. We receive knowledge sufficient to allow us to ask Jesus Christ to be our Savior and to commit our lives to Him.
But this is not all the Bible has in store to teach us. Believe it or not, there is more to teach us beyond what is found in linear sentences.
The words have…
View original post 988 more words