Saturday was ‘fortunate’ in my being able to blog quickly on the significance of today’s heavenly event – the total solar eclipse that’s crossing the United States from west to east – but there wasn’t time to give any specifics as to what to watch for in Mark Biltz’ in-depth teaching.
Moreover, an even more astonishing matter not only links today’s (Monday 21st August) stellar event of being at the start of the new month of Elul (the month of preparatory repentance leading into the Jewish New Year) with its close at the two-day feast of Rosh Hashannah, but also with a secular, global declaration on 21st September – as foretold about 1,967 years ago in one of the earliest, if not the very first, Spirit-inspired documents of the Christian church – Apostle Paul’s letter to the Thessalonians!
So let me draw your attention to the points Mark makes, as in Ernest Hay’s video extract of CHP’s service on Sunday 13th August:
As mentioned in that post, Mark’s teaching is worth watching in its entirety in order to grasp the enormity of what’s happening and its relevance to holy scripture. I suggest you note his references to significant feasts and start of month dates in Jewish calendar and points I particularly want to highlight may be heard from these time marks:
- 0:46:00 – astronomical mechanism of eclipses and lunar basis of God’s calendar
- 0:48:45 – ratios of moon : sun size = earth-moon : earth-sun distances = 1:400
- 0:49:40 – archaic form of Hebrew letter ‘tav’ is ‘X’ with numerical value of 400
- [‘tav’, means ‘sign, mark, signal or monument’; so sun/moon ratio means signs!]
- 0:54:00 – total eclipse over eastern Ottoman Empire on 21 Aug 1914, (1st Elul)
- 0:56:00 – 1st Elul 21 August 2017 solar eclipse path of totality 70 miles wide
- 0:56:34 – unusually will be over land and across America – first since 1776!
- 0:57:00 – X-shape of paths of today’s eclipse and on 1st Nisan in 7 years (2024)
- 0:59:20 – astronomical location of today’s eclipse is in constellation Leo
- 1:00:00 – the alignment of planets on 23rd Sept in Virgo matches Rev 12 ‘woman’
- 1:04:05 – UN’s annual International Day of Peace inaugurated 11 Sept 2001
- 1:04:30 – dates changed to 21st September with different theme each year
- 1:04:55 – for first time in 15 years Day of Peace falls on Rosh Hashanah
- 1:05:20 – the theme for 2017-18 is ‘Peace, Respect, Safety and Dignity’.
Note that Apostle Paul conveyed to the early church what he’d learned direct from the Lord Jesus Christ on that subject:
‘But concerning the times and the seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write to you. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape. But you, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.’ (1 Thess 5:1-4 NKJV courtesy Biblegateway.com)
This is what I was referring to in closing To ‘bong’ or not to ‘bong’… about the silencing of Big Ben in London from today, a month to the day away from Rosh Hasannah.
In view of the Jewish calendar starting each month with a new moon, some question Mark’s statement of this eclipse being at the start of Elul. The month is reckoned from the time the first sliver of crescent moon is sighted from Jerusalem and Mark has posted a clarification on his El Shaddai Ministries website (see home page video).
Readers interested in next month’s astronomical relevance of Revelation 12 may like to note its reference in Supermoon Monday’s ‘Blood Moon’ and the ‘Age to Come’ (posted Sept 2015).