I’ve received the following details of the above event where attendees will be praying for two nations in particular:
United Kingdom regarding Brexit and wider issues (see below).
Indonesia – As thousands of young people meet in Indonesia this month for the ‘United Prayer Rising’ gathering, let’s pray for a move of God in this strategic nation! Click here for information and promo video, and read more below about the event…
‘From the “UPRISING (United Prayer Rising)” that was held in Korea last 2016, we have witnessed the convergence of the “Davids” from across nations to fast, to pray, and to believe God for the reversal of the trends of attacks happening globally among the youth today. We have also seen the birthing of new, youth-led prayer and mission movements. And now, for such a time as this, we are convening again to launch a global generation unto the global harvest from a place of united prayer, this time in Jakarta, Indonesia, for the “WORLD GENERATION GATHERING: GLOBAL UPR.”
‘At the heart of this gathering is also to stand with Indonesia in contending for her “ancient gates and ancient doors” to open up, believing that it will be the key for the ancient gates in other nations to open, too, toward bringing the gospel back to Jerusalem, and preparing the church for the return of the King of glory (Psalm 24:7-10)! So, in the spirit of the Moravians who once cried, “may the Lamb who was slain receive the due reward of His suffering,” it is our prayer that this gathering in Indonesia in January will be catalytic in awakening a generation in the nations to have a deep longing for Jesus’ return, and thus, align their lives unto laboring for the Lamb to receive His inheritance in the nations, as they “gaze and go”.’
[Will Hart, CEO of Iris Global, told Fleet Baptist Church in mid-October that he recently witnessed over 50 Muslims come under Holy Spirit’s power in Indonesia. RB]
PRAYING FOR THE UNITED KINGDOM
- Our Prime Minister, Theresa May, has announced that there will be a crucial vote in Parliament on 15th January that will determine the way forward with regard to Brexit.
- An excellent list of SCRIPTURES and PRAYER POINTS can be found by clicking HERE as we bring the UK before God at this crucial time in our history.
- [Taken from ‘Pray for Scotland’ e-news] “When the Speaker of the House of Commons calls ‘Order, Order’ the hubbub must cease, the voices grow quiet, and all present must respectfully listen to his words, because of the authority vested in his position. We have heard this week of someone praying for the nation who heard the Lord say ‘Order! Order!’. As believers in Almighty God, the Creator, Sustainer and Ruler of all, we have the authority to call for divine order in the UK today. Divine order in the Government, divine order in Brexit, divine order in the economy and every other section of society.”
- “We have an amazing history of prayer changing the destiny of our nation. Recall what happened in WW2 when the nation came together to pray – not just before Dunkirk but on at least 6 other times. The direction and the outcome of that conflict was changed! This is another ‘Daniel’ moment when we, God’s people, need to come before Him, crying out for His mercy and forgiveness as we confess our sins as a nation and calling for His order to prevail, for His will to be done, in these crucial days.” Read the full version HERE.
- In view of yesterday’s vote in Parliament, you might like to read the following blog that makes a case for a ‘no-deal’ Brexit being the best way forward…
- Brexit – Are we nearly there yet? (excerpt) Similar to the events of Genesis 11 and 12, Brexit could be thought of as a journey away from a modern-day Tower of Babel towards a new place of freedom. We’re not quite sure about all the final details yet but stopping half-way is not an option. Therefore many intercessors are continuing to pray for God’s Kingdom to come and God’s will to be done through the Brexit process.
- At the beginning of the Bible we read about God’s thoughts concerning the Tower of Babel but perhaps we should also consider Jesus’ words in Revelation 18v4 to ‘Come out from her’ as a warning to be separate from a godless institution such as the EU that models itself upon the Tower of Babel, epitomised by the design of its parliament building in Strasbourg (illustrated here).
- For those of us that have not read the 585 page document upon which our MPs will be voting next Tuesday, you may like to read THIS DOCUMENT on Richard’s Watch that lists an alarming number of ways in which the UK would stay tied to the EU if the Brexit deal is passed in Parliament…[note useful comments – RB]
- Yesterday, a majority of MPs indicated their opposition to a ‘no-deal’ Brexit. However, out of the 13,206 petitions submitted on the official parliament website, the number one petition signed by over 300,000 people is ‘Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019’.
- There continues to be prophetic words that indicate that a clean break from the European Union is the best way forward. Here is another word worth testing and weighing that was released earlier this week entitled, ‘Another prophetic word on Brexit being like Israel’s leaving Egypt’. Others are available on the ‘Richard’s Watch’ website, helpfully collated HERE.
- Brexit is possibly one of the greatest spiritual matters concerning our nation in this generation. Whichever view we might hold, let’s be agreed that prayer is crucial and therefore unite in praying for various aspects listed on the ‘Pray for Scotland’ newsletter HERE.
Finally, you may like to be aware that there will be another ‘Day of Prayer for Britain’ led by David Hathaway and many other Christian leaders on Saturday 26th January at Wembley! For more information please CLICK HERE.