Eighteen months ago I introduced readers to an astonishing mathematical revelation buried within the very first verse of the holy Bible and that of the Gospel according to John. Without the burden of numerical details I showed extracts from Jonathan R Hill’s Unlocking the Sign Miracles of John, summarising how the well-known mathematical constants of ‘pi’ and exponential ‘e’ are found. Also, I told of a most surprising ‘coincidence’ when reading that author’s explanation of those constants as featuring not only in the Bible but also in a well-known equation known as the Euler identity or formula, and receiving a mathematician’s blog on the equation’s pure, breathtaking mathematical beauty!
- Hill’s book refers to the ‘Consummation of the Age’ (and on its ‘mathematical foundation’), typologies, numerical aspects of Hebrew and Greek alphabets and calculations of time periods, ‘end-time’ prophetical significance of the miracles.
- He uses the ancient practice of substituting letters of ancient alphabets with their standard designated and ordinal (sequential) values ( as shown below )
- Typology & Numerology subhead (p 18) ‘…fundamental doctrine is never to be derived from types or numbers; they should only be used to illustrate and illuminate existing meaning of the surface text. No new teaching should be asserted based on numbers or types alone. (emphasis mine)
- (p 20) ‘God does not stop with types, as each letter of the two original languages of the Bible, Hebrew for the Old Testament and Greek for the New Testament, encapsulates a numerical value. Words and collections of sequential words have a mathematical identity which, therefore, extends the surface narrative. Any agreement between this underlying numerical pattern and the surface meaning or doctrine, affixes considerable authenticity to the text…Only a personal, supernatural God could inject such intrinsic connectivity within a book written in two languages with different alphabets, by multiple authors and across two millennia‘ (emphases mine).
- ‘The existence of a relationship between the surface meaning of the text, the type and the underlying mathematical value has long been known in Jewish Rabbinic tradition’ – page 160 Wiki Pardes (Jewish Exegesis).
CONTINUED HERE (somehow the ‘publish’ button got hit whilst editing! I apologise.)